FASHION. BEAUTY. LIFESTYLE. an indecisive girl's life

Monday 5 December 2016

The Clothes Show: The Big Move


The Clothes Show is something I have been too & loved for many years. 
For me I would say it's one of my highlighted events every year. Once I've been I always start to get excited for the next one. 
Without attending The Clothes Show I may never have grown to love fashion in the way that I do and who knows I may not have even ended up on a fashion course. Really I owe The Clothes Show a lot... in the years that I've been going I've done my GCSE's, A-Levels, an Art Foundation, passed my driving test & started studying the best degree, Fashion Communication & Promotion.  
Me & The Clothes Show have been through a lot. 
So what I really want to know is why they're moving the show to Liverpool?


The Clothes Show announced earlier this year that they are having a big change, the show will no longer be held at the NEC in Birmingham instead it will be a city wide event in Liverpool. It will also run from the 7-9th July 2017 instead of when it usually is held in early December. Personally I think a change is needed, I love going to The Clothes Show, but in the last 7 years that I have been going I don't really feel that there has been much variation each year. 
Liverpool is such a vibrant & fabulous city- it's a no brainer that The Clothes Show needs to be held there, what with it's close links to Manchester it's the perfect venue for the must see fashion event of the year. 


Since The Clothes Show started in 1989 they have had over 10 million visitors, supermodels such as Naomi Campbell & Caprice have walked the Fashion Show catwalk. 
Designer Christopher Kane said: 
"The Clothes Show made it feel more relevant and also more accessible to the working class because of all the high street stuff. It definitely made me want to go study fashion at Central St Martins."

The 27 years of The Clothes Show doesn't just end here, we've simply ended one chapter before moving onto a bigger & better one. Liverpool will seem a strange change from Birmingham but I'm super excited to see what's in store for the British Style Collective 2017. 
Tickets are available NOW
And I'll see you all there for what's set to be one of THE biggest fashion events around & we're all invited.


This isn't the only post I'll be doing on The Clothes Show- I've got a super detailed post coming on Wednesday which will fully document my day. 
It's going to jam-packed with the hundreds of photos I took!

Let me know what you think about the big move to Liverpool in the comments below.
See you soon

X

Images are a mixture of my own & Google Images 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig