FASHION. BEAUTY. LIFESTYLE. an indecisive girl's life

Friday 16 December 2016

Blogmas Day 9: Flat Christmas


A short but sweet post about the first of my two Christmas dinners.
As I'm sure any other University or College students will be able to relate, at Uni your not there for the Christmas period as such as most students tend to do a Christmas dinner with their flat mates as pre-christmas celebration. 

We decided to do our flat Christmas dinner a couple of days before we all head our separate ways home for Christmas.... 


In my flat let's just say I'm not the best cook in the world but luckily the people in my flat are the opposite (Their cooking is amazing well compared to mine anyway), I'm that type of student who lives off of ready meals because I trust a ready meal more than my cooking skills which is saying something.

Safe to say I won't be entering Masterchef anytime soon...

Still I had to contribute something towards our Christmas dinner so, I helped prep & cook the turkey, peel the potatoes & make the stuffing. 
Which considering my cooking skills I thought was pretty good.

We brought all our ingredients from Aldi (the local supermarket to us) and quite frankly I wasn't expecting it to taste great because I am a bit of a food snob so I do think for things like turkey you have to pay that bit more for. In total it came to around £17 which is so cheap!

Let me tell you the Christmas dinner tasted AMAZING!


I don't know if it's because I haven't had that sort of meal in so long or what but I would put it in my top ten meals for this year it was that good!
It makes me all the more excited for actual Christmas dinner (A.K.A. The best meal of all time) 

What's your favourite part of Christmas dinner?
Let me know in the comments below.
I would have to say it's either the pigs in blankets or honey roasted parsnips 
(an odd pair but both taste great so I couldn't choose)

Take Care 

X

Pictures are my own.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig