FASHION. BEAUTY. LIFESTYLE. an indecisive girl's life

Wednesday 21 December 2016

Blogmas Day 21: Pink Everything Please


As a young child my favourite colour was obviously pink, I had pink walls, pink bedding, I even had a pink rug! As I grew older though I grew out of pink... until now.
Lately I've been obsessed with the pale tones pink like blush or candy floss shades. 
I currently own more pink clothes now then I did as a child which is something I didn't think was quite possible. 


But why has pink become such a massive colour lately?

According to the WGSN even men are embracing the pink trend:
"Men are embracing softer colours and washed-out pastel tones. This is especially notable for shades of pink with a muted, almost sun-bleached treatment. Prevalent on catwalks, in lookbooks and street style, it gives normally rugged streetwear and sportswear a soft edge."


Pantone awarded the blend of the colours Rose Quartz and Serenity PANTONE Colour of the Year 2016. 
It's believed as consumers seek mindfulness and well-being as an antidote to modern day stresses, the colour of 2016 need to reflect a softness. Welcoming colors that psychologically fulfill our yearning for reassurance and security are becoming more prominent. Joined together, Rose Quartz and Serenity demonstrate a balance between a warmer embracing rose tone and the cooler tranquil blue, reflecting connection and wellness as well as a soothing sense of order and peace.
Pink is even set to be a trend for SS17 so get stocking up on your pinkness now.
From powder pink to Pepto Bismol, if there’s one colour you need on your radar next season it’s pink. When the Parisian triptych of CĂ©line, Givenchy and Chanel decree it the shade of the summer, you’d better believe it.
Look to designers such as: Givenchy, Chanel, Valentino, Haider Ackermann
You might hate me for saying this but dusty pink & yellow is one hot combination. 
Before you start thinking it no I haven't lost the plot, designers such as Ulla Johnson and Delpozo were careful to use separates that had an autumnal feel such as turtle necks and coats. When I first heard pink and yellow was going to be a thing, I actually cringed at the thought but seeing it on the catwalk has pleasantly change my mind. 
See for yourself:



I know it won't be everyone's cup of tea but give it a try & if it's still not for you then at least you can say that you gave it a chance. I'm not entirely sure if I'll brave the yellow & pink together although saying that I'm off to a Christmas market tonight and I was planning on wearing my mustard beanie with my gorgeous pink coat. So I'll let you know how that goes.

If you'd have told me 2/3 years ago that I'd have a pink obsession I would have laughed in your face but surprisingly it's a very flattering colour for many different types of skin tones. My Mum would say that she can't wear blush pink because the shades she's tried have washed her out so I think she needs to go for a bit more redder tones- more of a honeysuckle shade. As it's still pink but not as nude as some shades.

I hope you all enjoyed this post, let me know what you think in the comments below.

What do you think to the pink colour trend?
Embrace your inner love of pink!

Take Care & I'll be back tomorrow with another Blogmas post.
Can you believe that we're down to the final few days of Blogmas now?!?

X

Pictures taken from Google.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig