FASHION. BEAUTY. LIFESTYLE. an indecisive girl's life

Friday 2 December 2016

Photoshoots: The Crazier the Better?


Photoshoots.
They stand alone, no two are alike, each is individual to one another, whether that's because of the model, designer or photographer. 
Photoshoots are just a great expression of emotions, I think it's truly incredible and stunning how a single photograph can capture everything a fashion brand wants to say about who they are or show us what the season ahead has to offer.

Recently we begun the Execution stage on FCP, which teaches us the final stages of a project. 
Quite frankly I was grinning from ear to ear when I heard it involved researching editorials & photoshoots before we would eventually do our own. I enjoy the creative aspects of my course much more than anything else, I think it's partly to do with the fact I came onto this course from an Art Foundation. 
I love nothing more than being creative!

Before researching photoshoots I would have said I would look towards the understated, minimalistic ones much more than anything else because I adore simplicity especially in black & white photography.  I never would have thought I'd be drawn towards really bold, statement shoots where there's lots going on. But surprisingly it was the opposite. 

Shoots such as Harper's Bazaar Fall 2015 colour editorial were very bold, and colourful, they weren't what I was expecting for a Fall colour trend campaign...




Pastel colours for me are some of my favourite, I especially love the colours baby blue & pink together. They add a very fresh, airy feel to the images. It makes them feel crisp and exciting because they're so bright. Normally Fall colours are seen as drab, dark and dull because lets face it cold weather isn't the nicest part of the year. Yet these photos add the warmth and fun back into those cold, early, dark nights. You almost forget that they're even for Fall. 



Shot by Tom Munro, a fashion & celebrity photographer. In 1997 Tom embarked on his career as a photographer, immediately in demand and achieving overnight success and recognition from his early editorial shoots for British Vogue and Harpers Bazaar. During the last 17 years Munro has contributed to some of the worldʼs most prestigious magazine publications including Vanity Fair, V Magazine, US Vogue, Italian Vogue, LʼUomo Vogue, W Magazine, Allure and Harper’s Bazaar. 

Tom's dedication and passion towards his craft has attracted some of the fashion and beauty industries most prestigious names, including Giorgio Armani, Hugo Boss , Cover Girl, Dior & Lancome. He has photographed for movie studios Warner Brother's and some of the music industries most iconic figures, such as Beyonce, Lady Gaga and Justin Timberlake. 



This September 2015 issue of US Harper’s Bazaar, put the spotlight on bold color combinations, titled, 'The Colour‘s To Wear Now’. Kati Nescher posed for Tom Munro, where vibrant exteriors were paired with her equally colourful wardrobe. Fashion editor Elissa Santisi styled Kati in a mix of trouser suits, print dresses and ladylike blouses for the shoot.

Although I personally think these images are stunning I can see why some people wouldn't like them because particularly the pink ones could feel a bit too sickly sweet and seen as too bright for a Fall editorial. However I think there are so many fabulous editorials in the fashion world that you need to do something different to stand out. These photographs are the type of ones I would want to frame and put up in my room because they're so beautiful.

What do you think of this editorial?
Let me know in the comments below. 

Hope you all enjoyed this post I'll be back tomorrow with another Blogmas post & Monday with another fashion one.

X

Images taken from Google 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig