FASHION. BEAUTY. LIFESTYLE. an indecisive girl's life

Friday 16 December 2016

Blogmas Day 10: Is there such a thing as a 'Perfect Christmas'?


Every year we are all guilty of rushing out to the shops to grab every kind of silver bauble ever made to match our perfectly picked tree and the dazzling fairy lights that go on it. 
We all rush about our days trying to find the 'perfect' gift for a loved one, before buying enough food to feed the 5 thousand when in fact you'd be lucky if 10 people are going to be eating & enjoying it.

Is there really such a thing as a 'Perfect Christmas'? 


Yes we strive for that Pinterest inspired festive look, but at the end of the day is it really achievable?
I love Christmas in the Harper household but it's far from anything perfect. 
Normally we've had our second argument of the day before the turkey has even cooked, there is usually something spilt on the floor, and there is always gift related dramas. 
It may not be perfect but it's perfect to me.


I mean I can't say I love all the arguing but hey Christmas is a stressful time of year. 
As the Vlogmas is upon us, I often find myself watching and feeling depressed that my bedroom doesn't look like it resembles something out of Santa's grotto or that I'm not going to fun Christmas parties where I have my own snapchat filter. 
Those are just life goals.
But just because you haven't achieved those goals at this stage in your life doesn't mean you've failed as a person. I been reading a book lately and it said that don't get weighed down with what other people are doing, "concentrate on your own lane and you will get to where you want to be". 
I thought this was a key thing to remember at this time of year... to often we get stressed out because we aren't achieving the same as our neighbour, friends or celebrities. But they are all in their own lanes going at their own pace. Recently my blog has really started to take off in directions that I could never have imagined it would have, but my successes are still minor compared to other peoples but they are still huge successes to me!


I guess what I'm trying to say is don't forget the true meaning of Christmas, it's not about who had the best decorations, cooked the best turkey or even had the best presents. It's about love & family, it's about creating special memories that can't be brought or may only last a few seconds but their importance lasts a lifetime. 

So what I want you to take away from this post is, there is no such thing as 'perfect' whether thats at Christmas time or any other time of the year. 
Create your own version of 'perfect', don't strive to match anyone else. 
But more importantly enjoy it!

Hope you enjoyed this post.

X

Photos taken from Google. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig