FASHION. BEAUTY. LIFESTYLE. an indecisive girl's life

Wednesday 13 December 2017

Day 13 Blogmas 2K17


Last weekend was the Jingle Bell Ball at the O2 arena in London, obviously the music was a key feature of the night but when you're a fashion student you find it hard to ignore the outfits.
So I thought I'd do a little post about what was hot and not so hot...

LESSON THIRTEEN OF CHRISTMAS 2K17:
Christmas time 'tis' the season to sparkle.

"The Jingle Bell Ball is a concert held every year in December, by the Global Radio-owned Capital network at The O2 Arena. Artists that have headlined the ball are Janet Jackson, Taylor Swift, Ed Sheeran, Sam Smith, Take That, The Black Eyed Peas, Bruno Mars, Coldplay, Jessie J, Katy Perry, Kylie Minogue, Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Shakira, Justin Bieber, Little Mix, Ellie Goulding and P!nk. Other notable acts who have performed at the Ball include, One Direction, Cheryl Cole, JLS, Miley Cyrus, The Pussycat Dolls, Taio Cruz, Dua Lipa, David Guetta, Liam Payne, Shawn Mendes, Major Lazer, Jason Derulo, The Chainsmokers, The Wanted, 5 Seconds of Summer, OneRepublic, Calvin Harris and Niall Horan. A portion of ticket sales profit is donated to Global's Make Some Noise, Capital's flagship charity, formerly known as Help a Capital Child and Help a London Child."


Taylor Swift.
Quite possibly my favourite outfit of the entire night! I am obsessed with Taylor's look here, normally  green is not a colour I'd go for especially not combining green velvet and sequins but damn she looks so good here! It's very 'casual cool' glam but for this event it totally worked, I want it already- although it's probably worth thousands.


Louisa Johnson.
I always feel like Louisa can pull off any outfit, like seriously how? Not going to lie I'm not a massive fan of the first outfit on the left not sure why it's just not my style, when she did an outfit change part way through the set though I loved it. Yellow as you probably know by now is one of my favourite colours so I loved the shorts and t-shirt number. Although it wasn't very festive... if it was me I think I'd have liked to make the most of sequin season but maybe Louisa thought that's what everyone would be wearing. 


Rita Ora.
I laughed- am I horrible? Her sleeves looked like a giant powder puff, like it could be nice but it's the wrong end of extreme. Like if it lost some of the fur it could actually be really nice. I love Rita Ora but sometimes she does wear some unusual things to put it nicely.


Louisa Johnson (again).
Wow she did a lot of outfits changes, why wear one, when you can wear three? This is more of a glam look than her other two but I'm still not crazy about it- I like mesh but this is mesh to the extreme. Don't get me wrong I know she looks good, but I always judge an outfit on the fact if I'd wear it or not and I certain wouldn't have the confidence to wear this. Wish I did though!


Stefflon Don.
Okay so there isn't a single thing I like about this look. I just think it's way too ill fitted, too casual and really it's something I'd laze about the house in, not go to a concert in. I mean each to their own, credit to her because there was obviously something about this look that gave Stefflon confidence so you go girl!


Mabel.
This is such as cool look! Mabel looks like the sort of cool girl you'd want to know. Her proportions of baggy and fitted here are bang on, I love the contrast of prints and even the way the brand name is on show is edgy. I don't think is a look I could ever pull off, to be honest I'm surprised I even like it but I do! Probably after Taylor's it's my favourite.


Ann- Marie. 
See this was the level of sequins I was expecting. I don't like the colour of sequins just because I think a royal blue would have been nicer but this pink colour does actually suit Ann-Marie. She pulls it off. I love her casual, just rolled out of bed image anyway. Again she's one cool person and 'alarm' is still on my playlist months later. Love her!

Hope you all enjoyed this post. I love looking at what people wear to events over the season, kinda gives me some inspiration too.

What was your favourite look from this year's Jingle Bell Ball?

See you tomorrow!
Festive Kisses.

X

Images: Google. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig