FASHION. BEAUTY. LIFESTYLE. an indecisive girl's life

Saturday 9 December 2017

Day 9 Blogmas 2k17


So the end of the first semester of second year has come. As you're reading this I will be on my way home for Christmas and honestly I'm so happy. It's kinda scary to think it's Christmas break already, it barely feels like 5 minutes since my parents dropped me off for second year. Suddenly it's dawning on me just how quick uni and my degree are going, yesterday when I walking back to our house I walked past Newton which is like the main building and people were all gowned up ready for their graduations. Now that's scary! To think that'll hopefully be me in just over a year and half. Wow I am shook. 

LESSON NINE OF CHRISTMAS 2K17:
Enjoy the little moments, they'll be the big things when you look back.


I think we're all guilty of saying things like I can't wait for that the come or I can't wait for summer especially on these super cold days but really should we wish our lives away? I even said it yesterday, I was like "I can't wait for Berlin in January" but that means I'm wishing a good month of my life away... ignoring all the days between now and then.

Yes it's good to have things to look forward to because at the end of the day they're the things that get us through some days. But it's important to appreciate the little what seem like unimportant days in between. Christmas has so many special days but a lot of these special moments don't actually happen when we think they will or should happen. I'm not saying you should love everyday because that's not easy to do, but you should appreciate what you have got instead of what you haven't.

Going home for Christmas got me thinking about all the times I've ever argued with my parents and truth be told it's a lot, I know within a week of getting home I'll be like 'get me back to uni already' but I've decided I'm not going to take everything to heart this year. If we fall out then we fall out I'm not going to dwell on it. Because although the arguments are what we remember they aren't the important things to remember like other stuff. I dwell on things too long that I actually miss the one good thing that's happening right in front of me. Sometimes you've just got to let things go. 



This Christmas I want to enjoy all the little moments because sometimes they're better than the big things. I always say to people that I prefer the build up to Christmas over the actual day itself. Especially with the stack load of uni work I've got to do the little moments for sure will be even more important to me... *lol merry christmas to me*

Happy Holidays!
Hope you've all enjoyed this post I'll see you all tomorrow. 

Festive Kisses.

X

Image credit: Pinterest.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig