FASHION. BEAUTY. LIFESTYLE. an indecisive girl's life

Friday 22 December 2017

Day 22 Blogmas 2k17


So we're on the home stretch of blogmas for 2017, honestly I think it's mad how fast it's gone but at the same time it feels like I've been blogging daily since forever. As much as I have enjoyed doing blogmas this year it has made me realise that I don't think I could ever blog daily- too much work for someone with an already busy life. Still I definitely think Christmas has helped me to clear my head this year and make sense of a lot of things that without doing this I probably wouldn't have been able to. Sometimes it's just nice to just write you know. 

LESSON TWENTYTWO OF CHRISTMAS 2K17:
Christmas ain't Christmas without the family drama.

Maybe this isn't how it is for everyone but in my household it's NEVER quite Christmas without the family arguments and I hate it. A cheesy as it sounds Christmas isn't & shouldn't be about that. I think for me this year that is why I'm dreading Christmas. My parents have already had a big fall out in the last two days, to the point where they're not talking to each other so as per I'm the middle person. I'm not going to go into too much detail what it was about because it's kinda a personal thing but please tell me I'm not the only one who has this problem at this time of year....



I get Christmas is a stressful time of year, and I stand by the fact that it can make or break relationships. Honestly with the atmosphere at home right now I think I'd rather just spend Christmas alone in my student house then be at 'home home' right now. I just can't be arsed to deal with that, with this. It happens too often and I'm sick of being in the middle of it all, if I talk to me dad then my mum gets moody and if I talk to my mum then my dad gets mardy. So either way I can't win. 

I guess the only thing that's going to get me through is Willow (my dog), I can't even put into words how much I miss her when I'm at uni. Somedays I just wake up and really feel my heart arching for a love from her, so being at home with her is the best thing ever. If I could go away with Willow for Christmas then I totally would. Like please get us out of here. 

Even worse I know that hopefully if my parents do resolve their differences before Christmas day, come the big day they'll just annoy me. Like I wouldn't make a big scene especially not on Christmas but I'm sorry I can't sit around laughing & smiling like we're one happy family because 80% of year we're not. And it drives me CRAZY! I know I sound like scrooge right now but I just hate the fakeness at Christmas like if it was any other day in the year then it wouldn't bother someone to scream their head off but Christmas day they just sit there and grit their teeth. My dad always moans how depressing the soaps are at Christmas, Corrie, Eastenders, you name it no doubt there'll be some form of murder or a big shocking affair exposed or maybe even a pig will fall out of the sky- you never know anything can happen in soapland. To some extent yes I do think they are accurate though, yes I know it's not quite so dramatic and I really hope no one gets murdered on your Christmas day but the arguments side yes. No one has the perfect Christmas but we just make do with what we have even if that does result in a few mince pies being thrown.



I know I've got to make the best of it, just sometimes it's hard. If anything it makes me even more determined to not have to come back home after I've graduated but really it shouldn't be like that. Yes  of course I love my parents to pieces and I guess I love where I've grown up too but honestly I don't want to stay here beyond uni. Whenever we fall out now I just think how the hell did I survive without uni...

So if there's a big family argument this Christmas you're not alone believe me. If you're one of the lucky ones who don't have this issue then you're more lucky than you'll ever know.
Hope you enjoyed this post.

Are your Christmases argument free?

See you tomorrow.
Festive Kisses 

X

Images: Pinterest. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig