FASHION. BEAUTY. LIFESTYLE. an indecisive girl's life

Tuesday 12 December 2017

Day 12 Blogmas 2k17


I used to be so bothered what people thought of my face, my makeup, my hair, my outfit, like seriously it really use to get to me. So what changed? I guess I lost interest in other people's interest, I grew up, suddenly if I woke up one morning wanting to wear red camo trousers then I could and no one was going to stop me. 

Back in January this year I make the long awaited decision to get my nose pierced, it wasn't just a hasty decision, it was one I'd debated for at least 2 years prior. That for me symbolised something, for so long I hated my appearance so getting a piercing on my face was a huge moment for me, it said something about me, it said 'i don't care what you think of me'. Every morning I wake up & look at it in the mirror and I just feel happy I chose that. That choice spiralled me into a lot of other choices and really symbolised a new period in my life. 

LESSON TWELVE OF CHRISTMAS 2K17:
'Tis' the perfect occasion to try a new look.


This year was the year I really embraced dressing how I want rather than how I thought I should look if you get what I mean. I completely changed my sense of style, and feel more comfortable than ever in myself and who I am. So now it's time to adapt these changes to my hair and makeup. 


At the end of last week it was announced that 'purple' is going to be the colour of 2018, and I'm feeling that to be honest. Fair enough it's not a huge colour in my wardrobe but at summer time- pastel purple is a bit of me! Coloured hair is something I've always admired but never quite had the courage to try it, some how I don't think blue or green hair would look great on me. Purple or pink hair however yes I love that. 


At the minute I'm loving my hair length but the blonde highlights from Summer have started growing out so I'm kinda feeling something new. I really want to try pink/purple semi permanent dye. It's bold I know, but sometimes it's the thought of not trying something that feels unbearable. Maybe I won't go quite so bright as these examples but maybe I will who knows. Maybe I won't even try it at all. Sometimes though we get bored with the same old and we look for something new.


I'm just obsessed with the ombre look!


Maybe I'll try something not quite so permanent this holiday season instead like experimenting with makeup. I love makeup, I'm forever watching tutorials on YouTube so it's about time I put all that watching into practice. When I was younger I never wore eyeshadow- it's only really something I've got into in the last year or so. Personally I love matte shadows but shimmers and glitters basically scream 'happy holidays' and I'm all over that life. 


Some new makeup shopping is seriously needed, I'm desperate to get Sophdoesnails palette and highlighters. When it comes to makeup looks it tends to be her or Jordan Lipscombe who I follow. But don't feel embarrassed to experiment on your own- if you want to pair a gold shimmer with a blue matte then you go do that. If it works then great, if it doesn't then at least you can say you tried it.


I never would have thought to pair a blue shadow under the eye with a copper lid, but this is 100% something I want to try! I always wear the same look although I love it, I just get bored, I want a change. Pinterest is the perfect place for inspiration honestly I get lost for hours on that site and come away with a hundred new ideas every time. Sometimes you just need someone else to visualise something before it becomes possible for you. 


Eyeliner has always been a go to staple in my makeup bag so why not mix the standard black or blue with a glitter liner? Especially if you put one of these colours underneath as well, it creates a much bigger impact. Even if you're afraid to experiment, this is a great low key thing you can try without being too 'in your face'.

I hope this post has made you all realise that it's okay to experiment this Christmas with your look, don't be afraid to be different. Stand out in a room full of santas and be an elf!

What's your favourite makeup look at the minute? 

See you all tomorrow!
Festive Kisses

X

Images: Pinterest.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig