FASHION. BEAUTY. LIFESTYLE. an indecisive girl's life

Wednesday 6 December 2017

Day 6 Blogmas 2k17


Honestly I didn't even know where to start today's post. My head hurts, my body aches and I'm in one of those moods where even moving to go make food is too much effort. Which is not like me at all!

LESSON SIX OF CHRISTMAS 2K17:
Lazy days are needed too.



Christmas break is fast approaching. In approximately 3 days I will be on my way home for Christmas and truth be told I honestly can not wait. The thought of sofa cuddles with my dog, Willow & drinking yummy hot chocolates whilst catching up with my parents just gets me too excited. My Mum's already told me the house is decorated ready for Christmas, hopefully I might find the advent calendar I've been desperately wanting (and if I'm honest needing) waiting for me too. Quite possibly I may even be able to persuade my parents for a roast dinner Saturday night, that or a Nando's because I'm majorly craving both right now. I've just got to get through two more days of uni, just two more days. *sighs*



Personally I think today's lesson is probably the most important yet, simply because lazy days are needed. Not going to lie to you guys, I have done zero uni work today, why? because my brain just feels exhausted with it all. I said at the start of this post that I don't know what's up with me, well thats a lie because I do know. I know I feel burnout. Uni is HARD. Second year causes me to have about 5 breakdowns a week and life just feels like nothings ever accomplished. To say I needed a lazy day is probably an understatement, I need about a lazy month.



No matter what you're doing at the minute, school, uni, working, everyone needs days where the only thing they can manage is reaching for the TV remote or dialling the nearest Chinese takeout and that's okay! Everyone is guilty of putting themselves down when it comes to that work/ life balance. We think it's okay to work ourselves to the point where we can physically do no more. Yes it's needed sometimes when we have deadlines to meet, but not all the time, not every day. It gets too much. Life gets too much.

So next time I feel like having a lazy day on a December morning I'm not going to beat myself up about it because in the long run that days rest will do more then squeezing every last drop of energy into whatever it is your doing. Schedules get hectic over the Christmas season so just take a moment to step back and just breathe, look up at the christmas lights around you and just live every second of that moment. Trust me it'll do you the world of good.

Lazy day, yay or nay?

Hope you've all enjoyed this post, I'm actually really enjoying blogging everyday even if I did have to force every part of me to do it today, I'm determined not to miss a day though. Blogmas, I've got this. 
See you back here tomorrow for more.

Festive Kisses 

X

Image credit: pinterest.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig