FASHION. BEAUTY. LIFESTYLE. an indecisive girl's life

Sunday 14 February 2016

Pucker Up: Red Lippie Style...


As it's Valentine's day I thought it would be only appropriate to do a beauty post about how to wear a striking, red lipstick.
(Also as this blog is called 'Lippie', I thought it would be a too good opportunity to miss!)


So a red lipstick?
Do you dare to wear one?
I personally love wearing a red lipstick as it really adds a dramatic edge to your outfit and can take what could be a boring look to rather a bold, confident one.



Below I've featured some of my personal favourite red lippies so you too can be ready to pucker up for this Valentine's day:

1.

Clinique in the shade 'Cherry Pop'
I love this lipstick, not only because I love the fact that I got it free with the Tanya Burr issue of Glamour magazine but I also really love the colour and texture.
This is quite a creamy lipstick which I love as it means it's super hydrating and moisturising.
It's also an adorable miniature size so it will take up next to no room in your handbag.
What's not to love?!?


2.

Rimmel Kate Moss collection in the shade 107
I'd heard a lot of people raving about this colour as they said it's more of a wine colour than a bold, bright red.
And they were right!
I like darker reds especially in the cold, winter months because I think they're still a statement but less of one.
The only thing I don't like about this lipstick is the fact it's matte so it can be drying on your lips.
To combat this I like to add a clear gloss on top.
Surprise Tip- if your apply some gloss on the centre of your lips then it can make your pout appear bigger. 
Do you like matte lipsticks?


3.

Rimmel Kate Moss Collection in the shade 01
You've probably guessed by now that I love Rimmel lipsticks and I do!
I think they're a great afford lipstick!
This colour is your classic, bold red- it can never go wrong.
As this one isn't a matte lipsticks it's much more moisturising on your lips.
Remember to take this out in your bag though because I wouldn't say it lasts.


4.

W7 Lip Liner in the colour Red (obviously)
I don't usually bother with liner when I'm wearing a lipstick purely because I never have the time to apply it or the effort.
(Am I the only one who thinks this?)
However I feel with a red lip a liner is a must as you don't want to end up with the lipstick bleeding (not literally) around your lips.
Not a good look!
So it's well worth investing in a liner for this.


So that's the end of my red lipstick favourites,
I hope you've enjoyed this post and don't forget to let me know if you give any of these lipsticks a try.

I hope you all have a wonderful Valentine's Day- if you've not got any plans tonight and still want to give the red lip trend a try then go for it!
After all a red lip is set to be a hot trend for SS16 as it has been all over the catwalk lately!

My Valentine is below:


Haha, I hope that gave you all a laugh- it's true what they say food is the way to a girl's heart.
Well it's the way to mine after all.

I hope you have a great week and I'll be back next Saturday with more.
Till then...
Why not follow me on Twitter to keep up with the latest going ons in my life:
@gemimalove12 


Take Care.






SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig