FASHION. BEAUTY. LIFESTYLE. an indecisive girl's life

Monday 12 February 2018

I have a dilemma


Okay so I'm in a tricky situation and I need a someone to help a girl out...
Summer may well be a few months away yet but I'm already thinking about what I'm going to do for the duration of it... job, internship or work at a summer camp who knows? 

Ideally the internship scenario would be the best thing, simply because it would give me the fashion industry experience that I so badly need but I still would be fairly local to see family and friends over summer... The thing is though actually getting an internship placement is turning out to be a much harder task than I originally thought. You see it's hard getting up again after knock back, after knock back. Either you don't get a reply at all or they reply saying they don't have anything right now but they'll keep your information on file- I mean don't get me wrong I'm grateful for that but it still makes you feel like you're getting no where. 


The job situation is more than likely going to be unsuccessful, for the past two summers I've applied to about 30/40 jobs and I got about 2 unsuccessful interviews out of it. Money for third year is severely needed and I need to start putting money aside for when I finish uni too. It would be fab to get a retail job that would give me experience and I'd be paid for doing so. 

Finally the summer camp option, this is something I have dreamed of doing for the last 3/4 years it's mad how much I want to do it. I honestly think it would be life changing, it would push me further out of my comfort zone than I've ever been before but I'm just so excited to give it a try. Yes it is expensive to do but you earn the money back and make more money besides it. Out of the three options this was the plan for the summer break but it scared me the thought of not having any fashion industry experience. I know this looks good on your CV anyway but seriously how much do employers actually rate it? Plus the little fact it's in all the way over in America... don't get me wrong that is the dream but to my parents who already moan I don't see them enough at uni it's not what they want. It's hard if I decide not to do the summer camp thing then I know at some point I will regret it, maybe not today or tomorrow but some point in my life I'll look back and aways wonder how that might have worked out for me. 


I don't know what to do, I'm just so stuck in the middle, I'm still applying to countless internships, I will start applying for jobs and the deadline for summer camp is March 1st so I need to make my mind up quick. 

Which do you think I should go for?
Let me know in the comments & I'll see you all on Friday.

XOX

Images: Not my own
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig