FASHION. BEAUTY. LIFESTYLE. an indecisive girl's life

Friday 23 February 2018

Flares Bandwagon


I have this quote on my wall which basically says "Never hate anything in fashion because in 2 years time you'll be wearing it" and honestly I felt that. For me I have never found anything more relatable to my style in well forever... 


When I heard flares were coming back into fashion I sighed a little, they weren't something I'd ever thought I could make work for me in a million years- I'm too short, too dumpy so of course they weren't going to suit me surely? Truth is I was hella wrong... Literally everywhere I looked, almost every person I saw celebrity or not seemed to have jumped on the flares bandwagon and I just couldn't get my head around why? So I bite the bullet finally and ordered myself a pair from PrettyLittleThing, they were only £12, they were petite so would hopefully fit my short self and if I really hated them then I could always send them back. 

Wow I couldn't have been more wrong...

I actually don't think I have ever felt so good in a pair of trousers before in my life! I'm generally not joking! They hug your body in all the right places and actually make you look like you've got a decent bum. Damn I think I'm in love. Normally when it comes to trousers or anything clothing wise I tend to go for the oversized fit style just because I don't hate my body but I just feel so exposed in anything fitted, I don't feel confident because I feel like all of my flaws are on display. So anything remotely bodycon style I avoid at all costs. But after ordering these flares I'm a changed woman! For the first time in my life I felt good, really good- yes my body is about as far from perfect as you can get but I have never felt more confident.


I'm not saying the flares trend is going to suit everyone body shape but if you really want to try it then I'd just say go for it. What have you got to lose?!? The worst thing that can happen will be they don't suit you, in which case you can just return them- no problemo at least you gave them a shot. 

I wore my black fares out with heeled boots and a black bandeau on Friday night and aside from feeling fab, it was the comfiest outfit I've ever gone out in- it felt like I was wearing pj's level of comfort. Although the worst thing happened on the way to the club... I tripped up and ripped them at the knee- cutting my knee in the process. It was a very sad moment in my life. First time out in them and I'd already ruined them, still I'm planning on ordering another pair to make up for it even if that extra £12 will dent my bank balance more than I wanted it too. 

A lot of shops have some great flares out there at the minute but two of my personal faves are these below:

I just think PrettyLittleThing are killing the flares game at the minute. The black ones I think I would wear both in the day and going out at night & the red striped pair are beyond perfect for a night out I've got coming up next month called Cirque- could they be more perfect? I think not! 

What are your thought on flares?

I think I may just be being more than just a little obsessed with them- order me like 10 pairs already because I think these will be a staple in my wardrobe in the upcoming months.

XOX

Images: Not my own.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig