FASHION. BEAUTY. LIFESTYLE. an indecisive girl's life

Monday 11 September 2017

Autumn 2k17 style


I love Summer as much as the next person but for me I don't like the fact that so much skin is on show. I've always battled with my own body insecurities and Summer doesn't exactly help, whilst I have become a lot more accepting of it over the last year or so. I am still always happy to put my shorts back in my wardrobe at the end of the season. 

Autumn & Spring actually are my favourite times of year for fashion, simply because I love layering, but it's still warm enough to get away without a coat or your boots some days. It's like all the best points of Summer just without the need to show so much skin. 

Again Pinterest is my go to place for when I'm looking of that bit of new season style inspo, it's just so easy to look for looks you can DIY yourself or play around with and style to suit you. Although the one annoying thing about it is when you see an item of clothing you really love but it doesn't say anywhere where it's from. Pinterest you NEED clickable links SO bad!




I can't even begin to explain just how long I've been looking for a vintage sports track jacket- and I'm STILL looking! I just love the look of them with high waisted trousers, t-shirt tucked in and track jacket on top. I've found ones I like online but most of them are near enough £50 so I'm like nah mate... still when I get to Nottingham for uni hopefully I'll manage to find one in a vintage shop. Wish me luck! I might check depop out too tbh...


Ever since I paid £45 for my denim jacket I have been LIVING in it. True story: when I went on holiday to Spain obviously I didn't take it with me and I actually missed it so much! Hands down my denim jacket was THE best purchase I've made so far this year- I've recently brought a black fur lined one too which will take me all the way into Winter- YAY! Layering cropped jumpers underneath is my kinda 'thang'.




I love jeans, my joni black high waisted ones must see the wash every week but lately I've been really getting into trousers. Not just any trousers though- I mean like the high waisted pin striped ones- I am OBSESSED! Paired with a belt as well and I am in love. I had my eye on a pair on prettylittlething but they still don't have them in stock and i'm like 'why????" *sobs loudly.


Another favourite purchase of mine this year has to be my black frayed denim skirt (yes I have a denim obsession), I was thinking about putting it away for Autumn but I really like it styled with a cropped jumper, like really like the look! I just think it says effortless but casual & cool.


I have never been a dress girl, but lately thats a different story hun. T-shirt dresses are SO frigging comfortable and cool! I love the look of pairing a long sleeved t-shirt paired under a swing dress too. I really want to get more into the fishnet tights trend this Autumn- I really don't know why I don't wear them more because I wore them to an Ocean theme last year and I LOVED them!


I AM IN LAYERS HEAVEN!
I've seen a lot of mesh tops layered underneath a strappy top and skirts around, especially on nights out. When I saw this look above with the long-sleeved top underneath a short sleeved top with a dungaree dress and belt on top I was o b e s s e d. This is going to be my main inspiration for Autumn I think, it'll look so cool & will keep you warm! Bonus or what?

Those are my style picks for Autumn 2k17, hope you enjoyed reading about it. I get that my style probably won't be for everyone but if you are stuck for ideas whatever your style then please give Pinterest a chance- you won't regret it!

Happy Autumn style finding!
Lots of love.

X

Image credit: Pinterest. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig