FASHION. BEAUTY. LIFESTYLE. an indecisive girl's life

Thursday 12 October 2017

Better the second time round


Welcome back!

Second year is now is full flow again, I've got 3 briefs to complete, numerous sketchbooks and a whole lot of catching up to do. Summer was fab don't get me wrong but it feels great to be back in a routine again- I've even been managing to keep up with my gym schedule although I did skip it today to write this but let's not think about that. 

Honestly I think I forgot how much I loved being at uni over the summer- obviously I do miss home home but right now Nottingham feels the right place to be. Although if my dog could become the 7th member of our house then that would be the cherry on top of the cake.


So far second year in my opinion couldn't get any better- I love living in our house which is approximately 8 minutes from the main campus (dreams do come true), the suspected ghost seems to have vanished and just generally I feel so happy right now. Definitely feel I choose the right people to live with, I know people who fell out with their housemates barely even a week in so I'm SO glad that not us- we're just one happy little uni family.

Not gonna lie the clubbing scene doesn't quite feel the same, maybe because I'm old lol & am starting to get over the effort that goes into going out clubbing. Kinda want to try more bars this year but nevertheless I still enjoy a good old SU night out. Although an hour and a half queue for Ocean to not even get in is not the one for me. 


Course wise I've fallen back in love with what I signed up for. I feel motivated, excited and just generally a lot more interested than I was last year. Having been given the briefs for the first part of second year I'm super looking forward to working with new people, try new things and overcoming new challenges. It's only two weeks in and I've already overcome probably my biggest fear: approaching people in the street to interview. I'd like to think I'm a friendly, approachable person but the thought of going up to someone and asking about their style is one scary prospect. Still somehow on a recent field trip to London I over came it and actually it wasn't as scary as I thought- even more surprising but I actually found myself enjoying chatting to people. 

So you could say that life feels good right now. I don't what it is but I just feel in a good place. Feel like this year is going to be a good year even if I did start it off dropping my phone down the toilet resulting in me having to pay £350 back to my dad but even that can't shadow my mood right now (Well maybe it can a little).


Blog wise I am really gonna try to keep to a schedule which will be hard especially now it's no longer a requirement of my course (probably the second most heartbreaking thing I've heard since being back after my phone of course). My days off are Monday & Wednesday so I think posts on Monday & another day in the week will be achievable- I haven't decided if that day should be Thursday or Friday yet.

Before I go...
As of today I now have a creative instagram account: fash10n_lyfe 
I still have my personal one but this one will be everything fashion & FCP based, it's kinda a requirement for this year but if you fancy seeing more of what I do then give it a little follow.

What's been going on in your lives?

Take care & I'll see you all very soon.

X

Image credit: Own
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig