FASHION. BEAUTY. LIFESTYLE. an indecisive girl's life

Monday 6 February 2017

Karl Lagerfeld's Chanel collection


For those fashion lovers reading this it will come as no surprise that I am going to do a post about Karl Lagerfeld's Chanel collection, personally Chanel for me has always been that brand that I like but I don't love every collection. 
I guess it's just personal style preference. 


Lily Rose Depp looked absolutely stunning in these pictures.
I am very jealous that she has walked the Chanel catwalk when she's only 17 years old. That is beyond crazy, I guess some families just get all of the good genes. 

Normally I would say my style is fairly minimalistic, Zara is basically me in a shop. 
So fancy frills & lots of fussy features within clothes is not for me at all. But I don't what it is about this collection. Oh my gawd. It's simply beautiful!



As much as I love face glitter, glitter on garments normally gets a no no from me, I have this one top that is all cute & glittery and no joke I had to hoover everywhere I went in it because it drops that much glitter. But something tells me that Chanel glitter would be the only glitter trail you'd want in your house, after all these dresses are gorgeous!



On a practical note, I'm not sure if there'd ever be an occasion to wear such a thing. I mean unless your the kinda person who goes on the red carpet regularly. But let's be honest, glitter & pink is any girls dream combination. 



Blush & nude shades are very on trend right now, there was a time not too long ago where I hated nude tones because they can completely wash you out if you don't pick the right shade for your skin tone. Now though I think these colours are very sophisticated & make you look like you just get fashion even if in actual fact you don't. When I'm older and have my life perfectly put together I feel my wardrobe will be full to the brim with these tones.




A not so favourite...
I don't know if it's just the lighting from when the picture was taken or what, but to me this dress has a green tint to it. Now as you probably already know green is THE colour of 2017 which makes me very sad indeed, green is just not a colour I initially would reach out to wear. Although saying that I am actually writing this whilst wearing a green jumper which I rather love, so I guess I may just fall for the colour after all...
I'm just not keen on this dress, it might be the fur trims, for me I just think it's a bit too over the top, I mean it's not hideous but it's definitely not stunning either. It's the type of dress I'd expect to worn by the bridesmaids at a wedding because lets be honest they tend to be put in dresses that certainly don't take the attention away from the bride. It would be a very lavish wedding though if these were your bridesmaids dresses though, just imagine!



Bella Hadid could wear a bin bag and still make it look effortless!
This dress however is certainly not to be compared to a bin bag that's for sure. This dress is my favourite piece from this collection, although I love the other dresses I think I would be more likely to own this. (Let's be honest though the chances of me owning anything Chanel are very slim) Black is just my colour, I like it because it just makes you feel so body confident even when you're feeling not so body confident. The halter neck style makes it different, I love how the front comes down to the belt which keeps the dress modern and youthful. There's even a dash of glitter below the belt which is more understated but this dress could easily revival any of the other dresses in a heartbeat.

Hope you all enjoyed this post.
What do you think of Karl Lagerfeld's Chanel collection?
Do you have a favourite look?

Let me know in the comments below.

Take care & I'll see you all very soon.

X

Pictures are not my own. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig