FASHION. BEAUTY. LIFESTYLE. an indecisive girl's life

Sunday 13 March 2016

It’s Time To Be Honest About It.


In all honesty (the irony), I don’t quite know where to begin…
How can you ever tell someone a story? 
Because we’re all writing our own and they’re never finished. I once read this quote which made me think a lot about my choices, ‘If it’s not the end you wanted, then it’s not the end’.


You know when you’re little and your parents/ teachers/ relatives always tell you how honesty is always the best policy but is it really? Should you always be honest about something that you know will make someone else sad? Aren’t little white lies best to prevent all of this?

Well I made a bad choice last night- I chose to be honest and it didn’t work out how I expected it to. I’m not going to go into massive detail because sometimes there’s stuff you don’t want to share online, as it doesn’t really fit with this picture you’ve painted of yourself, where you’re always happy and nothing ever goes wrong in your life. 
But in reality this is wrong, everyone has bad days but we choose not to share this because we don’t want the bad days to be remembered.

All I’m going to say is that it’s about me deciding which University to go to, in my head I feel like I’ve decided however much to my Mum’s dismay it’s not the one that she wants me to go to. Am I being a bad daughter by not listening to her? Should I let my Mum live my life for me? Am I wrong in thinking a big decision such as picking a University should be down to me?
So as you’ve probably guessed my honesty resulted in a massive argument, where hurtful things were said but were they just hurtful because they were how we truly felt? I understand my honesty probably really hurt my Mum in particular, but she said some pretty hurtful, honest things back. 
And now I don’t know what to do?


Right now I’m sat in my bed writing this as I feel blogging helps me to express how I’m really feeling, I feel like I can be honest on here because it’s my little space on the internet as cheesy as that sounds. It’s almost as if I feel I can truly open myself up here. In reality I would say I’m quite a ‘closed book’ sort of person, I don’t like to reveal too much about myself because I’m scared to be judged because of it. On here it’s a different story, I’ve opened up about things that quite frankly I never thought I would, things which I probably still wouldn’t have if it wasn’t for this blog.

I’m not expecting all of you reading this to know what to say but I am asking for a bit of advice if you feel like offering it in the comments below or on social media.

At the start of this post I felt like my head was going to explode because I kept building everything up inside yet I asked the question ‘Should you always be honest about something that you know will make someone else sad?’ And my answer… is yes! 
Short term it may have bad consequences, but long term isn’t it better to get everything out in the open? I’m not saying you should always be honest in a brutal way, if your going to be honest then you should do it in the kindest way possible. No good will ever come out of being unkind.


I hope you felt you could relate to this post in some way- feel free to give your opinions in the comments below. I’d love to hear what all of you reading this think I should do.

Take Care and I’ll be back next Saturday and Sunday with more posts,
X


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig