FASHION. BEAUTY. LIFESTYLE. an indecisive girl's life

Sunday 24 January 2016

Best of 2015 Favourites: Makeup, Fashion and A Few Randoms.

 
 
I've finally had the chance to get round to writing my favourites from 2015.
I've been promising it to you guys for so long- thank you for being patient.
 
So as it's now 2016,
(Can you believe it's almost the end of January already?!?)
Its that time of the year where the annual posts come out featuring what they've been loving in 2015.
 
It may be a while since we celebrated in the New Year but it's never too late for a 2015 favourites post.
And to be fair I am still writing 2015 on most of my work- don't you just hate it when this happens?!?
 
So let's get on with the post...
 
My 2015 Favourites are:
 Nail Art,
2015 was definitely the year I fell back in love with nail art.
You see I've always loved painting my nails even in primary school but over time I just got stick of painting them all the time. But last year (I still can't get use to calling it that) I rediscovered my love. I'm a self taught nail artist and I love playing around with different techniques- it really relaxes me and is definitely something I do in my down time.
 
 
 Photography,
If I'm honested I've never really enjoyed taking photos before 2015, I mean I enjoyed taking holiday snaps and a few selfies but I never saw what all the hype was around taking the 'perfect' photograph.
Now I do.
I just really love how one photograph can capture an entire moment in time- it really is magical.
Above are just a few of my favourites I took from the year.
 
 
 Art,
After my awful AS Art grade (D) I really fell out of love with drawing and painting- I couldn't see the point in spending hours on something that people didn't like. But once I began my Art Foundation last September I realised that not everyone is going to love the work you produce but if you do then that's all that matters.
I now love doing art again and I have developed a unique, quirky style which I love!
 
 
 Fashion,
I feel like 2015 was the year I really experimented with my look, I enjoyed wearing things I wouldn't usually try such as a pinafore dress (I thought it would make me look about 10 years old). Without this experimentation I wouldn't have found out I really suit (and love) the colour mustard or I wouldn't have found this beautiful patterned, bell sleeved top from Topshop.
 
 
 High End Makeup,
Before 2015 I didn't own any high end makeup, partly because as naïve as it sounds I didn't think it was worth spending double the money when you could buy something similar for half the price. Although I'm not saying you always need to buy the more expensive item as it's about how you apply the makeup not how much you spent.
My high end favourites now are Mac, Michael Kors, Charlotte Tilbury and Estee Lauder.
 
 
 Simple Skincare,
Before last year I never took care of my skin, this was probably why it was always so spotty and dull. I thought washing, cleansing and moisturising all sounded like too much effort especially at 6am.
But I found the more I reached for my Simple products, the better my skin looked!
I particularly love their moisturising facial wash, illuminating radiance cream and the cleansing facial wipes.
I use them everyday without fail- my skin definitely thanks me for it!
 
 
 Reading,
At the end of 2014 I said I wanted to read more in 2015 and I definitely did just that.
I loved reading all the more last year as it felt like an escape whenever I was feeling down.
Pictured above are just a few of my favourites.
I'm hoping to continue reading more in 2016 too.
 
 
 L'Oreal Feline Mascara,
I brought this when it was on offer in my local Boots store thinking it would be just another mascara to use but I was wrong.
This is one of the best mascara's I've ever brought and for only £9.99 which I thought was pretty cheap. It lasts all day, doesn't feel drying and doesn't flake.
What's not the love?
 
 
 Perfume,
I tried a lot more perfume's last year as I felt I'd got to an age wear I wanted to wear more 'grown-up' scents.
Theses were my 3 favourite: Ghost Eclipse, Ghost Girl and Cheryl Storm Flower.
They all have 3 very different smells which is great as I like to wear different perfumes for different occasions.
 
 
 Rimmel,
I've always loved Rimmel products especially as they are super affordable but great quality at the same time. 2015 was the year I first used a primer from their range because I wanted to ensure that my makeup lasted all day, I do also really love their foundation and concealer.
I would love to try the red cap foundation from the Rimmel range this year-
Would any of you guys recommend the red cap foundation?
 
 
 Makeup Brushes,
My makeup brushes collection grew massively last year, at the start of the year I didn't know the difference between a foundation or contour brush but now I would consider myself as more of an expert.
Real Techniques are great for makeup brushes although I do like Spectrum brushes too!
 
 
YouTube,
I watched a lot of YouTube videos in 2015, some of my favourites were makeup tutorials or fashion lookbooks from YouTubers such as Zoe Sugg, Tanya Burr and Lily Melrose.
I just love how it's like a TV channel that's at your fingertips, you can watch it whatever time you want whether it's at 2am or 2pm.
I really want to start making my own YouTube videos but I thought I'd see how my blog goes first. But you never know 2016 might just be the year I start!
 
 
So that's the end of today's post...
 
I hope you've enjoyed finding out what I was loving in 2015- let me know if you too loved anything featured above too.
Although it almost the end of January, I hope you all have a wonderful 2016!
 
I'd love to hear of what you thought of this post and/or what posts you'd like to see more of in the comments below. I do want to do posts that you enjoy reading.
 
I'll be back next Saturday with more from me, 'Lippie'.
I hope you have a great week!
 
Take Care
X
 
 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig