FASHION. BEAUTY. LIFESTYLE. an indecisive girl's life

Friday 18 August 2017

Land of pink & blue dreams


Very few people have heard of the beautiful island which is La Palma. 
La Palma is a small Canary Island, predominantly known for it's volcanoes. The island's capital, Santa Cruz de la Palma, is a port town with narrow cobbled streets and houses with wooden balconies. The words 'simply stunning' doesn't quite do this island justice.


I was lucky enough for this to not be my first trip to the island, I previously visited around 9 years when I was only 11 years old. We always said we'd return, not quite sure why it took us 9 years to do so, still it was worth the wait. Not surprisingly we stayed at the same hotel as we did the last time, La Palma & Teneguia Princess, and it was just as good as we remembered. 


As you're coming from the airport to the hotel, it's located right at the bottom of the mountain to which you have about 9 zigzags to go down/ come up. Personally whenever I go on holiday, I like to feel as if I'm in the middle of nowhere, because that way I feel far from any stresses and worries of everyday life. So it didn't bother me that it took around 20-30 minutes to get to your local shop outside of the hotel. Really though the village at the top of hill, was typically Spanish, aside from a bus stop and local supermarkets there really is nothing to see apart from the views out to sea. 

The hotel itself was massive with a whole 11 pools much to my glee, honestly I am at my happiest when swimming and when you have 11 pools to choose from, life really isn't bad- not bad at all! 
We went as part of an all inclusive package- yep the dreaded band colour anxiety kicked in- but I had nothing to worry about seeing as it was silver so went with all of my outfits #winning. Food/ drink was free through-out *raises a glass to celebrate, each night in the main restaurant they had a different theme ranging from Spanish to Mexican to Oriental (all very yummy), even the alcohol was decent. Maybe it's just me but in the past I've found all inclusive alcohol to not be very nice but the cocktails were delicious and the whiskey cream was heavenly. 


I have to say I quite enjoyed life here at La Palma Princess. The biggest worry I had of the day was what to wear at night, because as you know being a fashion student the stress is real. Especially when you only have a 20kg suitcase. 


I know people usually do the whole eye roll thing at me whenever I say a certain place is really 'instagrammable' because I know you should be living life in the moment not via a screen. But I mean who doesn't like to take a pretty picture whilst they're away? And this island is full of pretty picture opportunities- just saying. 

Much to my Dad's dismay my idea of a holiday is not trekking over mountains, sweating enough to provide England with rain for at least a month. Although I do have to agree it is nice to see more than just the walls of the hotel when travelling abroad, so we did hire a car for a day. Personally for us, 1 day was enough to see everything we wanted to. We visited Los Llanos (if i'm honest it was a bit disappointing, not much there at all) and Santa Cruz (the capital of the island & a hidden gem), both places shuts up in the afternoons for there siestas so if you're wanting to do shopping whilst there, you're better off going in the morning. 

Santa Cruz was the place I seriously fell in love with, the buildings were just beautiful- even writing this now I still can't believe how pretty they were! Probably just my fashion student eye but I wish photoshoots with big budgets who go abroad to shoot campaigns would really consider coming here for the stunning backdrops. My instagram has never looked so colourful! 


The hotel setting is gorgeous! 


I already know this won't be my last trip to island of La Palma, who knows I may even someday be able to return as a full time blogger then I can snap pictures to my heart's content. A girl can only dream, seriously though La Palma has been a dream. The island, hotel, staff, animation team, everything about this place made it what it is- beautiful (sorry I've used that word way too often in this post). So next time you feel like doing a bit of travelling to dreamland why not look at La Palma because this is where a dream really can be turned into a reality. That's what this trip was to me after all...

Hope you enjoyed this post. If you have any more questions about my visit to La Palma feel free to leave them in the comments below. 

Take care & I'll be back Monday with more. 

X

Images are all my own. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig