FASHION. BEAUTY. LIFESTYLE. an indecisive girl's life

Friday 25 August 2017

Festival Style inspiration


By the time you guys are reading this I will be on my way to Reading for my first ever festival- EXCITED? WHAT ME? 

Going to a festival is something I've wanted to do for years now but I've either never quite had the money or the courage to actually book the tickets. I mean I wouldn't say I have the money to go this year but I thought 'screw it- what about making memories?'. As much as I wanted to go for a whole weekend I am actually just going for a day- partly because it was cheaper & I mean maybe it's just me but I'm not really a tent person...



Still I'm super excited, so of course I had to find the perfect outfit for the day- gotta get that photo for insta. I started pinning ideas on Pinterest pretty much the day after I booked the tickets, I wanted something that would be practical but at the same time said 'I going to a festival'. Obviously glitter was a must so that's been ordered and arrived already...


If you'd have asked me a year ago to describe my style I almost certainly wouldn't have said 'grunge inspired' but nowadays that's more of my 'thang', I don't really know what's prompted my style change but I guess I've changed so it's kinda a must.
Festival style really depends on the festival you're going to I think, cos if you were going Coachella you'd almost definitely wear something different to what you would going to Reading. Most probably because in LA nice weather is almost guaranteed and lol in the UK it certainly is not.



This look above I am obsessing over, personally I love the 'high waisted denim with a belt' look anyway but it couldn't be more perfect for a festival. I love this top as well- they had similar things on Misguided & PLT but it wasn't quite the look I was going for. If I had been going V fest then this would have been THE outfit for that... Reading? not so much.


Omg this has Coachella vibes written all over it, like sequins, with sequins, paired with even more sequins sounds like actual goals. Not quite sure I could pull it off as well but still it's the outfit of sequin dreams. What I lack in sequins at Reading is definitely gonna be made up for in glitter- a girl can never have enough glitter in her life...


When I saw this look OMG, firstly I was like damn I need that top in my life because I love retro vibes anyway and secondly I was like why can't my hair look like that???
I know I definitely won't look half as cool as this but this is my main inspiration for the day.


Not gonna lie whenever my Mum told me I need to take a coat on the day I kinda did an eye roll because is it just me or do you guys find a coat ruins the look you were going for? Cameo print isn't my first love but I do own a rather old but very loved cameo jacket AND it has a hood & big pockets (bonus points) -I think it'll be perfect. I thought pairing it with a band t-shirt (sorry am one of those people who don't know the band), denim frayed shorts, black belt and army style boots will be fab!

I'm already buzzing to get ready, I just really hope it doesn't rain on the Sunday (or any day over the weekend if I'm honest), obviously I will be blogging about the day so lots of pictures will be taken don't worry. Follow my twitter & instagram if you want to keep super up to date though.

What's your festival style?
Let me know in the comments below.

Take care & I'll see you guys very soon.

X

Photo credit: Pinterest. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig