FASHION. BEAUTY. LIFESTYLE. an indecisive girl's life

Friday 5 January 2018

So I did it: YouTube.



Okay... deep breathes so it's finally happened, I have finally taken maybe one of my biggest gambles to date... I've started my own YouTube channel....

Yes after literally years of considering it, weighing up the pro's & con's, this Tuesday just gone (January 2nd) I uploaded my first video. If I'm completely honest it wasn't as scary as I first thought it would be- so far the feedback has been really positive. Even though it is a little daunting to be heading back to uni tomorrow knowing that people could potentially know about my channel. Okay so it's not some big secret, of course it isn't after all I'm talking about it on here but it's just the thought of people judging me for making this decision. I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and fair enough I'm not asking anyone to subscribe just because they know me. Honestly I don't even care if people don't watch because I'm not doing the whole YouTube 'thing' for anyone else  but me. 

(a sneak peak at next Tuesday's video)

It may sound dramatic but for years I have battled with confidence issues so to get to the point where I feel somewhat comfortable putting videos of me on the internet is a huge deal! I'm so proud of myself, I never imagined when I started this blog a few years back that I would be taking this step because I never thought I would have the confidence to eventually do it. It may sound cheesy and people may think I'm living on cloud 9 for saying this but deep down I've always known I've wanted to do the whole blogging thing full time as a career. Okay so I don't know yet if that'll ever be possible and I'm not saying I won't try other career paths along the way but what I am saying that if someone asked me what 'the dream is' then that would be my answer. Yes I know there are SO many bloggers/ YouTubers out there, I'm quite literally a small fish in a very big ocean but even if it takes a good 5/10 years to get there, then I'm going to give it my best shot. 

My self promotion project for uni is I guess what spurred me on to give it a shot and really it was what I needed. I've said this previously on here but I look at my parents and how much they hate their jobs and I don't want that. To them a job is a job, it gives them the money they need to live the life they can afford to. My Dad never says he's looking forward to a day of work and I don't want to be like that! I don't want to just do a job just because it pays enough for me to scrape together enough money to rent a tiny 1 bed flat in some rundown town. That's not and has never been the life I've wanted to achieve. My parents probably more than anything make me all the more determined to work so hard. Again cheesy but I went to see the film, 'The Greatest Showman' last week and it was honestly amazing! (you all need to go see it!) Not even joking I was lost for words, ever since I left the cinema I have been playing the soundtrack non stop, I'm even listening to it as I'm writing this! But to get to the point of the story, it got me thinking. P T Barnum, was told by so many people that he was just dreaming, what he imagined could be would never become actually possible but he proved them all wrong, he worked his butt off and showed them that with a bit of imagination anything can become possible. Despite people disagreeing with him, he still kept working to achieve his dream , "No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else".

I don't know where this blog and my YouTube channel will take me, I don't even know if I'll keep the whole YouTube thing up long term but what I do know is that I'm damn well going to give it my best shot. So if you feel like joining me, you're more than welcome to subscribe to my channel (LippieTalk). So far I have published a Christmas clothing haul. I plan on uploading every Tuesday - hopefully that'll be semi achievable what with uni and everything else in my life. 


I'd love hear your thoughts on the whole YouTube thing, fair enough if you think it's embarrassing or I'm making a big mistake your opinion will be heard but I can't say it'll make any difference after 'you do you'. 

XOX

Image: own
Video: own Youtube channel.
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. congrats on the YouTube channel again girly!! proper inspiring me to bite the bullet and create one too after so long!! can’t wait to see future content 😋💖

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thank you hun! You should totally go for it- you do whatever you wanna do well thats my motto for this year anyway. x

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig