FASHION. BEAUTY. LIFESTYLE. an indecisive girl's life

Sunday 12 November 2017

Who Am I?


Okay so the whole 'new year, new me' being a consistent blogger lasted all of about 2 weeks, let's be honest I think I was being quite optimistic with that one anyway. Still today I'm back with a new post... it's a bit of strange one purely because you'd have thought that by the age of 20 I'd certainly know who I am. The truth is when faced with the question on my course this week I didn't really know how to answer...


So I'll give you the context around the question so it doesn't seem quite so strange, those who have been reading my blog a while will know that I'm a 2nd year FCP student at NTU- whilst second year is fun and exciting it's so much more work & stress and honestly right now I'm struggling. We currently have two on going projects running alongside each other; identity (based around a chosen subculture) and self-promotion which is probably even harder as it's based around 'you'. I was that naive person who thought 'oh yeh that'll be so easy to do a sketchbook on yourself' oh boy I generally couldn't have been more wrong. Not even joking every time I go to do some self promotion work, I probably waste about half an hour or more just sitting there thinking 'who the heck am I?' like some crazy, mad person.



It's hard to say what your good at and what career you should do because at the end of the day you don't want to be 'that' person who has a head bigger than the doorframe. Yes I enjoy art but I don't want to be an artist, yes I enjoy shopping but I don't want to be a stylist, even this blog yes I enjoy it but is aiming to become a blogger just going to end in a disaster? Let's face it, it's probably a lot easier to say what we don't want to do than to make up our minds on what we actually want.



Laying all my cards down on the table I don't know where I want this degree to take me, I don't know what career I want at the end of it all. I want something which is exciting, that makes me want to jump up out of bed each morning because I actually want to look forward to going to work. I want to share my opinions but maybe not in the public speaking way. I want to travel the world but at the same time will I ever have the funds to go backpacking for a year? In a weird way yes I do feel like I'm ready to leave education and go into the world of work. But that's very hard when you don't even know where to start. The fact that at Christmas I'll be officially half way through my degree is terrifying, the uni bubble feels safe and secure, even if I am poor 90% of the time.



So I may not know exactly what I want to do quite just yet, what I do know that right now I want this blog to be a part of it. Blogging has been the only thing that ever felt 'right' if you get me, I enjoy it so much more than I can put into words. The only thing holding me back is the fact there are so many amazing, successful bloggers in the world, is there really room for one more?
I need to find my 'niche' hopefully this self- promotion brief will help me to do exactly that. I'll be sure to keep you all updated with my progress anyway.

So on a final note I'll leave you with this question:
Do you know who you are? 
See it's hard isn't it?
 We take all these lessons in life but in reality we need to learn about ourselves equally as much.

Take care & I'll speak soon, promise it won't be as long this time hopefully.

X

Photo credit: Own.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig